Hancock, NY

I am experiencing moderate to severe back pain i have had degenerative disc disease fro about 8 years the pain is now in my hips and going down my legs it feels like i have a lot of pelvic pressure and have to urinate a lot is there anything i can do to g

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
See below: Consultation with neurologist &/or orthopedic specialist should be able to determine what options are available & what specifically is causing your problems. Will probably need an MRI of lumbo-sacral spine to check for ruptured disc, nerve compression, spinal stenosis, etc. Good luck.
Dr. Douglas Linville II
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 30 years experience
DDD: Whomever told you that you have ddd may have missed the problem. Extreme pain in a young person from "ddd" is rare. If "ddd" is multiple levels, you have scheuermann's disease most likely. If single level, you likely have some sort of instability or stress fracture, infection, or other abnormality. I would suggest another opinion before i relegated myself to this diagnosis the rest of my life.

Last updated Jan 23, 2019