Lewiston, ID

both my legs go numb on the outer side of my knees an up my thighs.sometimes it's fairly painful.i have m.s. in the family could that be what i have?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Doubtful: This problem can only be solved by seeing your doctor and being evaluated face-to-face. After a thorough examination, your doctor should be able to tell you what's wrong and what to do about it.
Dr. Idan Sharon
Neurology 28 years experience
Numb legs: It may not be m.S. As it is bilateral. An MRI of the lumbar spine may show a disc problem. If you are concerned about m.S., an MRI of the brain would rule that out. It sounds like an l3l4 disc problem, though testing would be a good idea, including an emg.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014