U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Atlanta, GA
A 64-year-old female asked:

All of my top teeth have been pulled. it was two years before i could get denture. during that time the roof of my mouth caved in. what can i do?

4 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. John DeWolf
undefined 40 years experience
Get it looked at: If you had a rapid change in the anatomy of your hard or soft palate, you should get it evaluated by a dentist asap. It may be possible to address the problem by relining your denture but it is more important to understand what caused this presumably sudden change.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Oral &Maxillofacial Surgery 18 years experience
Talk to a dentist: Once your teeth are removed, bone loss occurs, giving the appeace of a "caved in mouth". See a dentist to talk about your options to replace your teeth: dentures, dental implant denture or teeth supported by dental implants.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
Prosthodontist: See a prosthodontist. They are specialists in dentures and will be able to help you the most.
Dr. James Vito
Prosthodontics 37 years experience
Seek dental advice: See a dentist to review your options including dental implants.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 17, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.