Bedford, IN

the inside of my belly button hurts. especially when touched. it gets sharps pains going straight down to my pelvis when i go pee. no nausea , vomiting?

Dr. Eleanor Host
May be a problem: If the area feels bulgy or sticks out around the belly button (more than just an "outie") you might have a hernia. However, it sounds more like you have a meckel's diverticulum, which is when part of the lining of the stomach gets into the navel area. The fix for both is surgery, so you should get this looked at.
Dr. Michael Klein
? hernia: It is possible you are describing an umbilical hernia, a trapped bit of tissue through an internal hole in the belly button. If there was a piercing there it is also possible there is a cyst or an old infection. It would be worth seeing a doctor to have this evaluated.

Last updated May 8, 2017