Canada

i haven't strengthend my leg muscle fully after my acl surgery thats been 6monts now. does it have to be 100% better so i can go back to playing soccer?

Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery 38 years experience
Acl: No it does not have i be 100% but at least 75% compared to your other leg would be good. You can request an isokinetic (cybex) test to determine what your strength level is. If your leg is not strong enough you run the risk of injuring the graft.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery 54 years experience
You need to be-: -able to perform cutting, jumping, and start/stop drills under a trainer who is certified and trained in ACL rehab. You need as close to 100% as you can or better before cleared for contact sports of any kind.

Last updated Jul 18, 2018