A male asked:

do infants have food allergies that will eventually go away if their parents do not have those food allergies?

Symptom variation: Many foods that register positive on pin prick or blood tests in infancy will end up being better tolerated as they get older. Some food allergies are quick ige mediated that are major & some are slow igg mediated & minor. The ige type can be lifelong & very dangerous. Specific issues should be discussed with the kids doc or allergist to get a better idea of your situation.
Dr. Arthur Torre
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 51 years experience
Yes: Most food allergies in infants go away in time whether or not their parents have those allergies. Food allergies that cause eczema are more like to go away (or at lease decrease) in a year or 2. Those that can cause life threatening anaphylaxis may still resolve with time but may not go away with the same frequency. Food allergy can often be diagnosed with a history & prick skin tests.