i've been having pain underneath my ribcage. it becomes more and more frequent, as well as painful. i've been to radiology but no answer as to why.?

Dr. Jake Heiney
Orthopedic Surgery 19 years experience
Pain under ribcage: Pain in that location can be because of a number of causes. It would be wise to see an orthopaedic surgeon and a general surgeon for a complete work up and potential causes.
Dr. Steven Greenberg
Radiology 32 years experience
Agree with above. There are multiple potential causes of pain that may be referred to area under ribcage. Also, it would be useful to know if there is any history of any sort of trauma or any underlying medical conditions.
Jul 13, 2013
Dr. Ernst Garcon
Diagnostic Radiology 30 years experience
Maybe wrong imaging: Yo should go first to a good practitioner that know how to clinically examine a patient. It's not only about your complains, but also what they found on your clinical exam. Those two things will dictate what kind of radiology exam you need to find out why you are in pain. It could be any thing from your skin to the internal organs. If the wrong test is done, it will be negative. That's frequent.
Dr. Andrea Lundell
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
I agree. You may have gotten the wrong radiology test, or the radiologist may have gotten the wrong clinical information. Since your pain is increasing in frequency and intensity, I would seek out a good practitioner as Dr. Garcon suggests, with good clinical skills.
May 31, 2015
Dr. Carl Decker
Radiology 24 years experience
Depends: Have you seen a general practitioner? The answer to your question depends on which side the pain is on as well as what activities may bring on the pain. You may have had a sonogram to look at your gallbladder and liver. You may also have had a chest x-ray. Your doctor may have concluded that the pain was musculoskeletal. Can you give any more details?