United Kingdom

if i don't disclose my hallucinations will a psych still be able to tell i'm psychotic?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Possibly: There are other findings and symptoms besides hallucinations that are present in psychosis, such as delusions, loose associations, paranoia, affect changes, etc. The psychiatrist would notice any of these if they're present. If hallucinating is absolutely your only symptom, the psychiatrist may not know unless you respond to them or answer/behave out of context. The question is: do you want help?
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Child Psychiatry 44 years experience
It's not a game.: Take your diagnostic and therapeutic relationship seriously. If you don't disclose everything, you are not getting value out of your work with the dr. Being open is the only way to get full value from a therapeutic relationship.
Dr. Daryl Tanski
Specializes in Psychiatry
Probably: There are other aspects of psychosis beyond hallucinations that are observable by others.