what do i need to know before undergoing facial surgery?

4 doctor answers
Dr. John Hilinski
25 years experience Facial Plastic Surgery
Consult a surgeon: You should consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. In today's day and age, there are specialists in all different areas of plastic surgery. If you are considering facial surgery, your best bet is to consult with a local expert who has dedicated training and experience in this particular region.
Answered on Jan 6, 2013
2
Dr. George Yang
21 years experience Facial Plastic Surgery
Do your research: There are many types of facial surgeries. Facelifts, necklifts, eyelid lifts, browlifts, facial implants, rhinoplasty to name a few. Each procedure has its own set of risks and complications, as well as pro's and con's if the procedure can be performed multiple ways. Do your research before the consultation. Find facial plastic, plastic or occuloplastic surgeon that regularly performs that surgery.
Answered on Nov 12, 2012
Dr. Azita Madjidi
29 years experience Plastic Surgery
The list is long: That is why you need a consultation to go over everything. It all depends what part of the face you are interested in and how your current face is. You will need to ask your plastic surgeon about the changes to expect, alternatives, recovery, risks and potential complications.
Answered on Feb 26, 2013
Dr. David Sherris
32 years experience Facial Plastic Surgery
Get a consultation: see a facial plastic surgeon for consultation as preoperative instructions vary based on the procedure. For all procedures quit smoking, and avoid blood thinners for at least 2 weeks before and after surgery
Answered on Sep 28, 2016