i got a hand fracture. i had surgery with metal pins. when will it heal fully?

Dr. David Yan
Plastic Surgery 20 years experience
6-8 weeks: Usually the pins/k-wires stay in for about 4 weeks. After that, you'll likely be pretty stiff. After a few weeks of occupational therapy, you should be pretty close to normal. Most people are fine in about 8 weeks.
Dr. Mark Deitch
Hand Surgery 30 years experience
Not enough info: In general, your surgeon will perform surgery to ensure proper healing in circumstances where treating the fracture in a cast would result in a less favorable outcome. Getting the bone to heal is only one part of getting your hand to heal fully. There are other factors, such as the severity and location of the injury, as well as therapy, when needed that determine your final outcome.