I recently lost my top retainer and im afraid my teeth will move. will they charge me?

Dr. TED FEDER
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 40 years experience
Get Another One!: Ask your orthodontist! if this is your first time losing your retainer, the dr. Might not charge you. If you have lost your retainer many times, expect to pay. But get another retainer: your teeth may become crooked again.
Dr. Howard Schneider
Pediatric Dentistry 34 years experience
Probably: While i hate to be the bearer of bad news - it is a patient's responsibility to keep track of their own retainer. It costs the orthodontist both time and money to make you a new retainer. If you lost your house keys, eyeglasses, or drivers license you would have to pay to replace them. This is no different.
Dr. Gary Chapman
Orthodontics 35 years experience
Most likely: Losing your retainer is not the fault of your orthodontist. He will need to take a new impression, pour ti up, make a new retainer and trim and polish it. It cost money to have someone do this.