how can i clear up mosquito/bug bites on my legs ?

Dr. Bhavin Patel
Allergy and Immunology 25 years experience
Time: Either time will heal, or you can use a topical corticosteroid to decrease the local imflammation faster.

Problems with my legs? One has varicose vein that keeps getting firm

Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Vascular Surgery 21 years experience
Phlebitis: You need to check with your physician for phlebitis or clot formation , if recurrent may need to rule out hypercoagulable problem or tendency to form clots.

I have swelling in the back and side of my knee?

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery 26 years experience
Commonly a cyst: This can be from many things but if you have an internal knee problem like a meniscus tear or wear on your cartilage, you joint can make extra fluid and this can escape out the back of the knee joint and create a space filled with joint fluid called a poplital (or baker's) cyst. Get evaluated by your doctor first and get a diagnosis.

How can I prevent my knee from dislocating? It feels like it is bowing backward instead of forward.

Dr. Ronald Galyon
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Exam needed: Are you extremely flexible in all your joints ?The knee needs to be thoroughly and properly examined and compared to your other knee to determine if there is any ligamentous or muscular deficiency. Depending on the exam a customized exercise program may be all that is needed or bracing with surgery as a final resort.

My sister just diagnosis with grade 3 endometrial cancer with clear cells why are clear cells so aggressive?

Dr. Michael Swor
Various cell types: Endometrial cancer is characterized by stage and cell type. Clear cell is a description of the type of cells and simply behave in a more aggressive growth pattern than others.
Dr. Lester Thompson
Pathology 33 years experience
The clear cell doesn't make it more aggressive, but it is a description of the cell type. Endometrial or ovarian cancer when it is poorly differentiated (grade 3) has a more aggressive behavior, made more so when stage is include (extent of disease).
Aug 17, 2012

What is the best way to treat chronic ankle tenosynovitis?

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery 26 years experience
Cast Boot then PT: If you have had it for several months off and on, rest the tendons in a removable cast boot for 4-6 weeks. Wear it all day, off at bedtime and showers. Then have your orthopaedic surgeon send you to physical therapy to stretch and restrengthen your muscles. If this fails, certain bad ones need tendon reconstructions surgically.

Last updated Sep 23, 2020