i have a bump on the tip (but in side) of my tongue. it's not going away and it's made the tip go numb...?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Thomas Heston
Bite: Sounds like something that i also get after biting my tongue eating. Pretty irritating but goes away after a couple of weeks. I try my best to ignore it. If you have a persistent bump see your doc.
Answered on Nov 5, 2012
Dr. Ron E. Bell
44 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Numbness important: The extent of the numbness, duration would be helpful . The side of the tongue is a common site for oral cancer . Not going away is important. See a dentist or oral surgeon for evaluation, and a possible biopsy
Answered on Apr 22, 2015
1