i can sometimes hear my pulse in my ear. does this mean that i am having an aneurysm?

Dr. Oliver Aalami
Vascular Surgery 23 years experience
No: It is pretty common for people to hear a "pulse" in their ears. If anything it is more consistent with a blockage in the carotid arteries...Not an aneurysm. If it persists, it would be worth while getting a carotid ultrasound to evaluate the arteries.
Dr. Soren Singel
Neurosurgery 29 years experience
Most likely not: Many people can hear their pulse as the carotid artery runs through the temporal bone where the ear is located also. Aneurysms are unlikely to occur in that location but there are situations of congenitally aberrant vessels such as persistent embryonal arteries. Such unusual plumbing can bring the artery close to or even into the middle ear so it may be worthwhile considering a vascular study.
Dr. Marc Abramson
Anesthesiology 21 years experience
Not necessarily: It doesn't necessarily mean that you have an aneurysm. But you should have your blood pressure checked along with a complete physical. High blood pressure can cause an aneurysm to rupture if one were present.
Dr. William Jenkins
Specializes in Anesthesiology
You might try: cleaning your ears out with hydrogen peroxide and a bulb syringe