I have severe neck pain that shoots to my elbow..i had a ct scan done but it didn't show a herniated disk. he said it could still be that and that it was pinching a nerve ..how can i sleep to make the pain easier to handle.?

Dr. Idan Sharon
Neurology 28 years experience
Radiating neck pain: The MRI test is more specific and the (radiologist)interpretor of that imaging test is responsible for the interpretation and read. Neurologists specialize in making the diagnosis of disc issues. I would see the neurologist and get an emg/ncv of the upper extremities.
Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 33 years experience
NSAID and therapy: Nsaids (motrin) and physical therapy are very helpful in treating a pinched nerve.
Dr. David Dechellis
Pain Management 13 years experience
Get 2 the "root" 1st: Based on your brief discription of pain symptoms a nerve conduction study and electromyography may be warranted tests to help narrow the differential of your pain pathology. Pending those results a treatment plan can be formulated. Medication from various drug classes may be used to "calm" nerve pain down if determined the pain is nerve mediated in nature. Get a formal pain physician evaluation.

Last updated Apr 3, 2019