U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old male asked:

I have a large lump on the bottom of the arch of my foot in the middle. it itches and sometimes it burns. in two years, it has grown twice in size. what should i do?

3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
See a podiatrist: You need to be seen for evaluation and possible surgical removal of the lump. There are many things this could be
Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Podiatry 24 years experience
Go to a podiatrist: This may be a benign tumor called a plantarfibroma. It may be hitting on an adjacent nerve and causing your symptoms. The fact it has been growing, you want to have it checked.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
It is mandatory: This be examined by a doctor. It might be something benign like a plantar fibroma or a ganglion. Or, you can g-d forbid have a malignant lesion. Get, yourself to a doctor and have it checked out to make sure it is benign. A podiatrist or dermatologist would be appropriate docs to handle this for you.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.