I have a large lump on the bottom of the arch of my foot in the middle. it itches and sometimes it burns. in two years, it has grown twice in size. what should i do?

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
See a podiatrist: You need to be seen for evaluation and possible surgical removal of the lump. There are many things this could be
Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Podiatry 24 years experience
Go to a podiatrist: This may be a benign tumor called a plantarfibroma. It may be hitting on an adjacent nerve and causing your symptoms. The fact it has been growing, you want to have it checked.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
It is mandatory: This be examined by a doctor. It might be something benign like a plantar fibroma or a ganglion. Or, you can g-d forbid have a malignant lesion. Get, yourself to a doctor and have it checked out to make sure it is benign. A podiatrist or dermatologist would be appropriate docs to handle this for you.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016