Egypt

I did acl operation in my right knee 7 month ago. i didn't get the full range of motion, my knee can reach zero degrees extention but i didn't get the same hyper extention like my left knee. can i still get the full range of extention (hyper extention) e

Dr. Michael Adams
Orthopedic Surgery 23 years experience
Possibly: Zero degrees is your goal. Hyper extension is not friendly to the acl and involves some laxity of the ligament even without injury. Don't fret about the loss of hyperextension, as most who have it pre-op, lose it post-op if their surgery is successful to make a study sturdy ligament.
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery 54 years experience
Hyper-extension-: -is not good for the ACL. The tears often are caused by hyper extension forces on the loaded leg. My have been part of the cause of your original injury.

Last updated Apr 15, 2019