my doctor has told me i might be able to have cryotherapy/cryosurgery for my stage 3 cervical cancer. will this cure me permanently?

Dr. Carolyn Thompson
Doubtful: Stage 3 cervical cancer is an advanced cancer that has spread from the cervix to surrounding tissues. It is usually treated with radiation. Cin 3 is a precancerous lesion of the cervix and is not cancer. Cryotherapy may be used to treat cin 3; the failure rate is about 8-9%.
Dr. Carolyn Thompson
Doubtful: Stage 3 cervical cancer is advanced cervical cancer that has spread to the vagina and to other tissues surrounding the cervix. It is usually treated with radiation. Cin 3 is a precancer of the cervix and may be treated with cryotherapy. There is a 8-9% failure rate using this method.