if i have drop foot and flat feet will i get orthotic insoles or orthotic braces?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
Brace: An orthotic won't help with a foot drop as it is a device that runs under the foot. The brace part extends up the leg and hence can help lift up the foot as the leg extends forward.
Answered on Oct 28, 2012
1
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Braces --- hope NO!: 18 y/o, confirm the drop foot? I treat peripheral nerve issues and have found that drop foot is most likely cause by 1 or 2 issues. Nerve or muscles. Treatments with massage, acupuncture, heat, stretching and pt will make it clear which it is. If it gets better it is myofascial if there is no change it is the nerve. Not unless the nerve was cut with a knife it will be treatable. Flat feet same.
Answered on Oct 27, 2012
2
2 comments
1
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Provided original answer
Flat feet that have no issues are just flat feet, if they cause pain then pain is always treated as per Janet G. Travell,MD pain protocols, Trigger points, massage, stretching and acupuncture. Plus orthotics too ... Not orthotics in the beginning.
Oct 27, 2012
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
? Flatfeet same? I hope the implication was not that a flatfoot could be unflattened by Massage, acupuncture, heat, stretching and PT....was it?
Oct 27, 2012
Dr. Payam Rafat
21 years experience Podiatry
Brace: A foot orthoces on its own cannot address you drop foot. You would need something that crosses the level of the ankle to support the foot and ankle.
Answered on Jul 17, 2014
1