Pittsfield, MA

can soma 350 other wise known as carisoprodol 350 cause jaw pain? i noticed that when i take it especially at bed time the next day it hurts

Dr. Morey Furman
Dentistry 37 years experience
No: There is no indication that this medication causes jaw pain. Do you ever have this pain in the morning when you don't take the soma (carisoprodol)? Jaw pain in the morning is indicative of bruxism at night. (grinding your teeth) bruxism can sometimes be attributed to stress. You should see a dentist to find out why you are getting this pain.
Dr. Guy Hanson
Dentistry 37 years experience
No: Bruxism is also associated with sleep apnea, so a sleep study ordered by your physician is an action that should be considered.
Dr. Scott Greenhalgh
Dentistry 33 years experience
NO: Soma (carisoprodol) is a muscle relaxant. I often prescribe it to my patients who are having TMJ pain and headaches. I have not seen an instance where it is actually causing more pain. You are likely clenching a lot while you sleep. Visit a TMJ dentist who can make you the right rype of guard to cut down the jaw pain. Warning- most guards made do not effectively help, so the correct one is very important.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Unlikely: Soma (carisoprodol) normally gives TMJ patients significant relief.. I have not seen it CAUSE jaw pain.