i am a 20 year old vegetarian. are there any vitamin supplements i should take to account for the deficit left by not eating meat?

Dr. Jay Bradley
LASIK Surgery 18 years experience
Vegetarian diet: If you are eating an appropriate vegetarian diet, you should be fine with just a normal daily vitamin such as centrum. You should speak to a dietician if you are new to this diet to avoid any nutritional deficiency.
Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine 24 years experience
Depends: Depends on how careful you are in combining foods and eating a wide variety of vegetarian foods. Vegetarians tend to not get as many deficiencies as vegans. Does not hurt to take a good vit b supplement. My recommended b complex is: advanced b complex made by aor. One daily of that is fine.
Dr. Nancy Mellow
Perhaps: If meat is the only food you're avoiding, you should be fine. If you are vegan and not having anything from animals (like eggs, dairy, fish), you'd have to make sure to get adequate protein, and you would probably need some supplemental B12 and calcium. Make sure your diet is balanced (vegetables, fruits, protein, good fats including omega 3 fatty acids, and whole grains).