for gestational diabetes how high should your reading be to go on insulin during pregnancy?

Dr. Peyman Zandieh
Dr. Peyman Zandiehanswered
Depends: Fasting #s above 100 or 2-hr after meals >140. But every doctor has different parameters.
Dr. Michael Carson
Over 95 or 120: Recommendations vary slightly, but actually, most doctors agree and follow the recommendations of the american diabetes association and/or the american college of obstetrics and gynecology. If fasting sugars are >95 mg/dl or 2 hour post-meal sugars are >120 mg/dl, then medications should be started.
Dr. Michael Rothman
Insulin NG in GDM: Gestational diabetes is the result of excessive sugar and carbohydrate intake which causes high blood sugar levels, which then make your Insulin levels rise. Plus the hormone changes in preg make prob worse. . Over time the chronically high Insulin levels lead to Insulin resistance and you will need to make higher and higher levels of insulin. Rx should be directed at reducing Insulin resistance.