Bronx, NY

reoccurring persistent thoughts (often negative imagery/delusions)...is this some level of ocd?

Dr. Lawrence Smith
Clinical Psychology 30 years experience
Possibly: Ocd has two major components: intrusive and inappropriate thoughts (not worries about real-life problems), and repetitive behaviors aimed at preventing or reducing distress. With ocd, people recognize that the thoughts are creations of their own anxious minds. With delusions, people have fixed beliefs that they believe are actually true in the real world--even though they are false.
Possibly: There isn't enough information to really know. However, a psychological assessment would be a good idea. Take care.