Baltimore, MD

what is the best way to keep in shape when having an immobilized leg (walking boot) due to a broken big toe? ideas? why am i so tired since it broke?

Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Podiatry 23 years experience
Consider swimming: Swimming is a great non-weightbearing exercise. Another exercise is a stationary bike because you can position your foot on the pedal to avoid increased pressure at your injured site. Without knowing your injury, please check with your doctor if either activity puts pressure at the injured site. Your fatigue is related to inactivity as well as changed gait and using different leg muscles.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
See below: You can do upper body workout and probably leg lifts. You are tired since you are not walking normal and wearing a walking boot.