how to adjust to a breast augmentation?

Dr. Alex Lechtman
Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
Depends: It's impossible to answer that question without more info. Please see a local board certified plastic surgeon for help.
Dr. Tito Vasquez
Plastic Surgery 25 years experience
Additional surgery: A breast augmentation can be "adjusted" by changing the size of one of more the implants entirely, or by fixing the skin or breast tissue. This revisional surgery is specific to the problem.
Dr. John Di Saia
Plastic Surgery 31 years experience
Time.: Generally right after breast augmentation tissues are tight and over time they stretch out and accommodate to the new implant volume. This generally takes a month or two in the average patient.
Dr. Curtis Wong
Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
Adjusting what?: You do have to be more specific in order to get the proper answer but risks of augmentation include implant malposition, rippling, contractures, and an unsatisfactory outcome. All of these require 'adjustments' but each one requires a different solution. You are encouraged to discuss your concerns with your surgeon and hopefully he/she has a reasonable revision policy if you do need more surgery.
Dr. Otto Placik
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Depends on timing: In the first few weeks after breast augmentation, the skin may be tight and the breast swollen and high which may make the breast feel larger than its final size and shape. Breast implant displacement exercises may help to diminish this if permitted by your surgeon. Give it at least 4-6 months to adjust to the size or body image change prior to undergoing any additional surgery.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Time.: There is definitely a physical and psychological “adjustment period" after breast surgery. I have found, that for my “average patient”, it takes approximately 3 months for them to adjust to the change in breast size (as both from the physical and psychological standpoint). Prior to that time, concerns such as “too small” or “too big” are common.. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource.
Dr. Dennis Dass
Plastic Surgery 14 years experience
Breast revision: Breast implant revision surgery can be performed 3-6 months (or later) after breast augmentation surgery. Breast revision is tailored to fit your goals. http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/breast-augmentation-revision-los-angeles.html.