what is the recommended lumbar traction device to help ease pain?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Chintan Sampat
17 years experience Orthopedic Spine Surgery
Depends: There are many different ways to apply traction to the lumbar spine. Some include manual techniques (people pulling on you), big machines, or simple home devices. Each device must be suited to your body type(big/thin). Discuss this with your physician, chiropractor, or physical therapist. Once an effective technique is found for your body type, then you may be able to find the best device for you.
Answered on Jun 10, 2015
2
Dr. Thomas Dowling
39 years experience Orthopedic Spine Surgery
This is on the lower: Choice of methods following regular exercise, not smoking and keeping trim. There is no one recommended traction device but an inversion table tends to be favored in terms of efficacy and price.
Answered on Oct 28, 2012