can using smokeless tobacco definitely give you oral cancer?

Pathology 49 years experience
Puts you at higher : Risk. Not all people who use tobacco get cancer, but users are at much higher risk for cancer. There is no redeeming value to using tobacco, so do not use tobacco in any form.
Dr. Ragan Faler
Dentistry 24 years experience
Smokeless tobacco : The number one cause of oral cancer is smoking. Smokeless tobacco carries a lower risk, but there are a number of cases reported every year. Smokeless tobacco, however, causes tooth and gum loss routinely. If you are trying to stop dipping, switch to the skoal bandits for a while. The are much less abrasive.
Pathology 44 years experience
This is EXCELLENT advice. My hope is that you can abandon tobacco altogether, but until you can, this is a good choice.
Oct 16, 2012
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
I concur with Dr. Friedlander.
Aug 19, 2019