4 year old girl with streptococcus pneumonia with septic shock. what is the survival chance ? blood transfusions , glucose levels high 300s, low potas

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
55 years experience Pediatrics
Pneumococ. pneumonia: I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's critical illness. The mortality rate in septic shock is very high but let me give you some pointers about the condition. My search (chest. 2004;126(1) tells me that septic shock occurring within 24 hrs of admission is worse but has 63% chance of recovery compared to 88% if onset was after 24 hrs. We need lots of prayers and hope for her recovery.
Answered on Apr 15, 2018
3