what test do doctors conduct to see if i have gestational diabetes?

Dr. Richard Chudacoff
1 hour glucose test: Around 28 weeks a one hour glucose test is performed. If the level is high a three hours glucose tolerance test is performed. If that test comes back abnormal a diagnosis of gestational diabetes is given.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Glucose testing : Between 24-28 weeks you will be given a 50g glucose drink. Your glucose level will be checked 1 hr later to see how your body responds. It sounds like alot of sugar, but it is roughly equal to 10 jelly beans. If you pass this test you do not have gestational diabetes. If you fail this test you will have to do a 100 g fasting 3 hr glucose test to diagnose diabetes.
Dr. Jaime Lopez
Glucose test: Your doctor will decide which test is correct for you, and when it should be performed. But there is a new diabetes test in pregnancy that you may be given, \. The consists of a fasting blood sugar following a midnite fast, drinking 73 grams of glucola, and having blood drawn 1 and 2 hours later.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
One hour sugar test: Normally women are given a sugar drink and then their blood sugar level is checked one hour after.