Houma, LA

I'm on metoprolol, benicar, omeorazole, allegra, synthroid, (thyroxine) and ativan. will any of these cause liver kidney or electrolyte issues? or cardiac issues?

Dr. Peter Forster
Unlikely: I guess the answer depends on whether you are a glass half empty or a glass half full person. You are not likely to have any of those adverse effects from the medications you listed, however there is no medication that is not associated with rare liver toxicity, and several of the medications on the list might have some of the other side effects you listed. Rarely.

Last updated May 7, 2016