FL

sore throat and congestion for 10 days. congestion almost gone, throat sore am/pm. see dr or wait?

Dr. Latisha Smith
Wound care 38 years experience
See a doctor: Upper respiratory infections are usually caused by a virus and they are usually gone after 5-7 days. If symptoms are persisting for over 7 days its time to get an doctor's examination. Sometimes a viral URI will develop a secondary bacterial infection which will be relieved with prescription antibiotics. A doctor can also swab the throat and check for streptoccocal infection.
Dr. David Lee
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Wait: It appears that your symptoms are improving. If this is the case, i would wait.