U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

Call u play sports if u have a small hole in your heart .mines is on the side ?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Rick Koch
Cardiology 23 years experience
Depends: Most likely yes if you don't have symptoms but talk to the cardiologist who diagnosed you as you likely had an ekg & echocardiogram.
Dr. Matthias Peuster
Pediatrics - Cardiology 10 years experience
Define: What is small and where is the hole located. Likely you can participate in sports but more ingo is needed.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 25-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jul 23, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.