my talus' (the 2 "ankle bones") on the right foot are more "salient" than the ones on the left. can salient talus cause pain?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
I am not sure: I understand your question. A talus is one bone not two. Are you implying the talus bulges out more? In any event maybe one of your feet flattens more than the other? Is that possible? Also, it is possible you are suffering from posterior tibial tendonitis. Certainly, if you have pain -i would recommend a visit to the foot doc.
Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 36 years experience
WHAT???: I have never heard a doctor use the term "salient" to describe the talus. The talus is one bone, not two, and salient means "something that projects outward or upward from its surroundings." so, if your talus is in an abnormal position it could cause pain, but you need to get a better explanation on the cause. See a podiatrist.

Last updated May 11, 2018