i'm pregnant. what are the chances of giving a lazy eye to my baby?

Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology 21 years experience
Some risk: Strabismus, hyperopia and astigmatism can run in families. With this history at hand it is especially important for your pediatrician to do regular vision checks and make a referral to pediatric ophthalmology early if any problems are detected. Very important to check out the red and corneal reflexes.
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
It's possible : Refractive eye conditions are often passed on to children, however it is not certain that your baby will have amblyopia. Best would be an assessment by a pediatric ophthalmologist at a young age, especially if you notice any crossing or wandering of eyes.