my right foot first started swelling under by foot at the base of my middle toe around the distal end of my metatarsal area. it felt as if i was walking on a half of a golf ball. the swelling got worse and now my middle toe is extremely swollen and the ba

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 32 years experience
Swollen Toe: Joints swell when fluid in the tissue surrounding the joints increases. Swollen joints are common in people with arthritis, infections, gout, and joint injuries. Treatment for swollen joints depends on the cause of the swollen joint. See your doctor for a diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Paul Harper
General Surgery 52 years experience
Gout: The question was incomplete so it is hard to tell what you were asking. However 2 things came to mind: gout and plantar fasciitis. In either case you need to see your doctor.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 49 years experience
Possable: Stress fracture. I suggest you see a podiatrist asap. You need an x-ray.

Last updated Oct 28, 2016