Woodstock, GA

i have two bumps inside my ear, causing pain?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
See a doctor: This could be many different things and should be looked at by a doctor.

Santa Monica, CA

Is it common for senior citizens to claim to have pain, that can't be shown medically? I.E. "ouch my ear!" but doctors find nothing wrong with ear?

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Unsubstantiated pain: May be the way some people express depression. A thorough history & physical, including screening for depression may elicit the cause.

Painful lymph node behind the ear.

Dr. James Cunnar
Likely infection: There are a number of conditions which cause lymph node enlargement, with infection being the most common cause. Behind the ear nodes can come from the ear, the skin, teeth and possibly sinuses. Take some Ibuprofen (if it's safe for you) and if the node persists, seeks care.

What can cause an ear to become red and painful?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
See your doctor: This problem can only be solved by seeing your doctor and being evaluated face-to-face. After a thorough examination, your doctor should be able to tell you what's wrong and what to do about it.
United Kingdom

I also grew a spot right behind my ear! is getting big and i can't press it cause its painful. Any solutions ?

Dr. John Chastain
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 19 years experience
Hard to say: Your question is not clear- if it is a skin lesion, at your age it is not likely anything of concern. If it is below the skin, about 1cm or so in size, and tender, it is probably a (benign) lymph node, which pops up in response to infection, skin lesion or inflammation, etc. I would probably leave it alone- don't mash on it, etc. If it doesn't go away on its own within a week or 2, get it checked.
Virginia, MN

My bf's ear is draining a stinky, mucosy, yellow liquid. He's not in any pain and this has been happening for years now. What could this be?

Pathology 44 years experience
Cholesteatoma: He's lucky to have a special lady who is brave enough to ask strangers. He has a cholesteatoma until proved otherwise. It's tough surgery but an ololaryngologist can probably help.