if ihave ccommon warts, does that mean i have hpv that could travel to my vagina eventually becoming cervical cancer?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Adam Levy
Dr. Adam Levy answered
36 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
HPV infection: Vaginal hpv are a specific set of viral types. It is possible to transmit common warts to any skin surface of your body. However, these hpv types are usually not the same as those we feel provoke cervical disease and cancer. That being said, get the warts treated and/or removed. Just for your piece of mind if nothing else.
Answered on Mar 12, 2015
4
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
46 years experience Radiation Oncology
Do you knw the: Difference between venereal warts, condyloma accuminata, and common warts? Hpv is not associated with common warts. I think you need an exam by some that is trained to know the difference and advise you of risk and safe sex practices. All warts are not the same.
Answered on Sep 22, 2012
1
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Park answered
49 years experience Pediatrics
No: There are two types of hpv skin infections: cutaneous types causing nongenital warts; mucosal types responsible for anogenital warts, cervical dysplasia/cancer, and laryngeal papillomatosis. Current hpv vaccine provides protection against mucosal type infection.
Answered on May 7, 2016
3