Can tylenol (acetaminophen) with codeine cause aggressive behavior in children? my 4 yr old child has been taking it every 4 hours for one week after a tonsillectomy

Yes: I have seen the Codeine have the effect of producing irritability in some kids. You may want to try tylenol (acetaminophen) without for a few doses to see if you get your kid back.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Tylenol/Codeine: That is possible. My question is; how long is the medicine prescribed for? & what is the plan to wean off of it or stop. Please consult the pediatritian.