my outer palms are red. they have been like this since i had my daughter three years ago. there is no itching or pain. my dr did labs for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis which came back fine. i don't smoke or drink.?

Dr. Thomas Namey
47 years experience Rheumatology
Suspect estrogen!: Women typically have appreciably more redness around the periphery of the palms and the finger pads than men. It is an effect of estrogen in the body. The fact that you noticed it after the birth of your child, when during pregancy you had much higher estrogen levels, rather proves the point. It is called palmar erythema. Harmless, unless you are male, if you get my drift!
Answered on Apr 19, 2016
1