my 5 yo dtr is experiencing a runny nose and cough . this is reoccurant just about every month for at least two times a month. the duration iis about a week and a half. at times their is a fever . should i check her for allergies or asthma? what could

Dr. Rada Ivanov
Pulmonary Critical Care 31 years experience
Yes: Uncontrolled asthma and allergies predispose to recurrent upper respiratory infections, and vice versa, plus the symptoms may be very similar. Sometimes, this can be solved with just avoidance of triggers - exposure to something at home or school. Immune deficiency, of which there are many different kinds, is another possibility.