i have had very slow growing bone overgrowth under my tongue in my gum for as long as i can remember. they don't cause any problems for me. about 4 years ago i developed a hard small lump on the top of my elbow which was very painful. the pain went aw

2 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Jarvis
36 years experience Dentistry
Tori: I'm not sure what your question is, but i will try to help. The slow growing bone growth under your tongue (and also sometimes in the middle of the palate) is call a "tori". It is a very slow benign growth of bone. Nothing to worry about, but if you have any questions see your dentist or oral surgeon to confirm this is true in your case.
Answered on Nov 27, 2017
3
Dr. Leonard Grossman
35 years experience Plastic Surgery
See a doctor: If you are not sure what you have, you should definitely have an in person evaluation. You don't want to miss anything. Good luck and don't wait too long.
Answered on Aug 20, 2016