U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old male asked:

Hello doctor i am milan 37yrs old live in nepal i am a diabetes patients.what should i have to do to get rid from this?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Family Medicine 24 years experience
Not an easy task: Obesity is one major risk factor for diabetes and if you are obese, losing wt back to your ideal body wt is the best/safest way to reverse diabetes. It may not be a permanent cure, but may keep at at bay for yrs. Gastric bypass is also extremely effective, but involves risks. A pancreatic transplant may do as well. Eat healthy, exercise, take your meds and see doc regularly. Good luck.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.