how can i get a sonogram?

Dr. Videh Mahajan
Ultrasound: Its a non invasive test using sound waves. Relatively easy procedure.

Which placental abnormalities are visible by ultrasound?

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Several: Placental location, placental depth of penetration into the wall with certain abnormal conditions. Where and how the cord inserts in the placenta can be important at times. With twins or multiples gestations, there are a number of important factors looked for by ultrasound, including blood vessel communication and comparison of sizes. Nmber of blood vessels in the umbilical cord can also value.

How can I get a copy of my ultrasound report?

Dr. Craig Keathley
Ask for it.: This simplest approach is to ask for a copy at your next appointment. Your medical record is owned by the practice; however, the information contained in that record is yours. You have the right to review your record and request copies. A formal request would need to be in writing and there may be an associated charge for the work involved in preparing copies, but it cannot be denied you.

Why might my doctor send me out to get a sonogram?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 33 years experience
Sonogram: The question is very broad. Your doctor might suspect an abnormality of a certain organ, might have a very low suspicion but just wants to make sure, or wants to document certain normal structures for some purpose. Best course is to ask your doctor why he/she ordered the ultrasound.

Where can someone get a sonogram done?

Dr. Robert Kanterman
Diagnostic Radiology 30 years experience
Many places: Depending on the body part being examined, it could be done in a hospital, an imaging center, a surgicenter, or a doctor's office. I would avoid the ultrasound screening exams done at malls and in church parking lots. They tend to cause more harm than good.
ZA

Hi. I would like to have a sonogram done. Can I please get advise on what is covered under my plan and the procedure?

Dr. Michael Gabor
You most: likely need to have a health practitioner's order for an ultrasound. In order to know the details of your plan, you can try going to their website, calling their customer service number, or checking with your HR rep.