Columbus, OH

My period is more then a week late i had some light pink spotting but that has stopped and was only for one day .. my breast hurt expecially my nipples .. i took a pregnancy test after a couple days my period was supposed to start .. and it was negative .

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Maybe a bit early: Home pregnancy tests are easy to do, fast, and highly accurate, but maybe it is abit too early in your case. I would suggest repeating in 5-7 days after your period "supposed to start" to make sure. If you are pregnant, there is a very good chance that the hpt will show postive after 5-7 days of missing your regular period. Good luck.
Dr. Michael Swor
Cycle problem: The store tests are pretty accurate, but if you have pain, don't feel well or the cycle doesn't straighten out, then see your gynecologist.

Last updated Mar 13, 2019