Ireland

how do you know if hymen is broken? hav had intercourse but never bled...is this normal?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Normal: First intercourse that leads to break in the hymen doesn't have to be associated with a vaginal bleeding. In some it is possible, but not universally. The only way to know if it is broken or not, you would need to be examined or if you become pregnant, you would not that way as well.
Can be: Some women are born without a hymen or it exists as a minor shelf like remnant.Some lose it during non-sexual activities in childhood. If you have had intercourse with no bleeding I would suspect whatever is there is minimal.Any rough sex might trigger some bleeding from a remnant or other tissues.I wouldn't stress over the issue.

Last updated Sep 1, 2018