what are the effects of vitamin b12 injections?

Dr. Martin Rubenstein
Hematology and Oncology 45 years experience
Fix B12 deficiency.: B12 injections will correct B12 deficiency, usually caused by a failure to absorb B12 from the diet. This can be the result of surgery or pernicious anemia, an autoimmune disorder, among the most common causes. There is no adverse effect of B12 injections. B12 deficiency causes anemia and neurologic problems, and the treatment mitigates the problems.
Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine 24 years experience
Many: The obvious answer is that B12 injections are a quick way to fix a deficiency. B12 injections can also be used to help calm pain and inflammation, but the dosage of that is different from the dosage for deficiency correction. Some people can develop allergy to the preservative in B12 injections. Itchy bumps at the site of the shot would be a sign.