how can you treat ovarian cysts?

Dr. Rebecca Gray
Birth Control Pills: If you have recurring cysts, suppression of ovulation is the best treatment. This is best achieved with birth control pills but only your doctor can determine which treatment is best for you.
Dr. David Dang
Radiology 14 years experience
See below.: Options are treatment of ovarian cysts may include watchful waiting, birth control pills or surgery. Many cyst resolve on their own. Bcp's may reduce the chance of new cyst developing in the future. Surgery may be elected if the cyst is growing or persisting over a few menstrual cycles or have certain appearances on ultrasound.
Dr. Alan Patterson
Depends on size and : Kind and your fertilty desires in some cases, if it is a simple benign fluid filled cyst and not too large or ruptured you can get on bc pills or depo- shots or other hormonal birth control to hopefully shrink it, if it is not a simple cyst you may need surgery often times it can be done thru a scope or robot so you n eed to discuss everything with the gyn who diagnosed you!