GA

I was bit by a tick several months ago and diagnosed with bell's palsy a week ago. do they automatically check for lyme disease when running bloodwork?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Not necessarily: Some physicians will and some will not...Depends on the size of the tick (if you had it). It is ok to request they check as well. For bells palsy also consider a homeopathic remedy causticum that helps a lot.
Dr. Jennifer Sudarsky
Bell's Palsy is Lyme: If you live on the east coast, bell's palsy should be considered lyme unless proven otherwise. Regardless of where you live, i suggest you call your physician immediately to find out if you were checked for the infection. If not, then ask them to check you now.
Dr. Jerry Casale
I hope so: Check and make sure it was ordered nothing is automatic and it should be checked.

Last updated Aug 31, 2012