I've been trying to get pregnant for a while so what's the best way to get pregnant with an irregular period?

Dr. Frank Trogolo
Pregnancy: I you have an irregular period it means you ovulate irregularly. You should keep a menstrual calendar writing when you start period and when you have sex. You can also buy an ovulation kit at the pharmacy, this will let you know when you ovulate so you can plan to have sex at that time. If you still can't get pregnant you should see a doctor and bring your menstrual calendar with you.
Dr. Juan Richiusa
Calendar: It is very important to keep a calendar of your menstrual period. How long they last. Is important to have a full work with the dr. How an us done, the make sure ovaries and uterus look find. There is a lot of reason why you have irregular periods. There's no simple answered.
Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine 29 years experience
Or...: The prior answers will get you started in the right direction, for sure. On the other hand, if 'a while' means a year, seeing a fertility doctor or an obg is in order. Most all fertility specialists would be glad to help/advise you by the way, even if you've not yet tried for a year. Good luck!
Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine 40 years experience
Hormonal testing: See an infertility doctor for hormonal testing. It may be as simple as correcting a thyroid abnormality or lowering prolactin levels. Then the appropriate medication can be given. Ovulation induction medications consist of either clomid, femara, and injectable gonadotropins. Also adding glucophage (metformin) for the diagnosis of PC os.