Canada

i had gestational diabetes while i was and had to take insulin. now my baby is 6weeks old and the diabetes is gone. i'm just wondering if there is higher riskfor my baby to be diabetic later on in life?

Not directly: The diabetes of pregnancy is closest to the Insulin resistant or type 2 diabetes which is something all of us can get under some circumstances. You are at risk for a return of type 2 later & things like an active lifestyle & maintaining a healthy weight tend to reduce your risk. I wouldn't be concerned about childhood diabetes which is a very different process.
Dr. Jerry Casale
Possibly for type2 : Babies born to mothers who have had gestational diabetes are at increased risk of being overweight this putting them more at risk for type two diabeties not type one.
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Yes: Infants of mothers with gestational diabetes may be at increased risk for developing type 2 diabetes later in life. Intrauterine environment of high blood sugars causes high Insulin levels in developing fetus. These children have been found to have higher rates of obesity and metabolic syndrome compared to kids whose mothers did not have gdm, irrespective of birthweight or how severe maternal gdm.